Water is life, it is that simple. It makes up about 75% of our brain and muscle tissue and lubricates our joints. It also helps to absorb the nutrients we eat and convert them to energy, delivers oxygen all over our bodies and then aids in removing waste. Basically water is an MVP.
While those are all scientific reasons for drinking water and everyone knows they should drink more water, my question to you is are you actually doing it? If you’re not, this is my simple reminder for you to get on it!
Here are a few reasons why:
1) You’ll feel hungrier if you skip out on water -Thirst and hunger are regulated by the hypothalamus region so it’s also common to confuse hunger with your body’s craving for more water.
2) Studies show that even mild dehydration (1-3% of body weight) can impair many aspects of brain function.
3) Dehydration can trigger headaches and migraines in some individuals
4) Drinking water may help with constipation - everyone wants to be regular 😉
5) Being hydrated can enhance overall physical performance - it’s been shown in studies that being dehydrated can decrease physical performance by up to 30%.
Everybody’s water needs are different. Depends on your activity level, how much you sweat, the climate you’re in etc so make sure you’re in check with what you need!